As folks who spend tons of time reading weather forecasts that pertain to whether we take the boat out or keep her in safe harbors it has been humbling to see the rage and fury that continues to endanger so many people.
So as to our plans. Our yacht club had a fabulous, sunny Commisioning Day with a background of flowering cherry trees and calm water.
And the good news is that Bill has brought 'Interim' home from her winter rest in Kingston, NY and she is content at our mooring in Mamaroneck Harbor. Bill is, once again, preparing for our summer/fall/winter excursions. I'm not sure when I will be allowed onboard but it usually takes several weeks before there is room to walk down in the cabin without stepping on bolts, screws, wires, etc. etc. etc.
The sad news is that we are cancelling our trip through the Trent Severn Canal to Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. Instead we will travel on Long Island Sound and environs. We are looking forward to having friends and family onboard and hope to visit all our favorite hangouts.
I'm sure it will be a fun summer -
No comments:
Post a Comment